Basic Bread Dough/Massa de Pão
This is a simple recipe for a no-hassle basic bread dough to be mixed in a bread maker or dough mixer.
3 Cups of white bread flour (or 2 white and 1 wholemeal/rye/spelt…)
1 Cup of water
1 Tablespoon of sugar
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of dry yeast
1. Add all ingredients to the mixed and … mix !
2. Either use the breadmaker’s dough setting or use a dough mixer, wait for 30 minutes than mix again.
3. The dough can be used for a number of things:
– Pizza base: roll thinly and place on a tray sprinkled with polenta for excellent non-stickiness, crispiness and overall good feel)
– Tarts: roll thinly and line buttered tart dish (no need to blind bake)
– Bread (of course): Place dough on floured tray, shape slightly and make shallow cuts on the top with a sharp knife (cross, grid, lines etc…). Let raise for 30 minutes in a warm place and bake for 30 minutes in medium oven. You can place a small pot with water in the oven for a good crust though I’m not completely convinced about this…