Chorizo Rolls / Pão com chouriço
A small round version of the popular pão com chouriço found in bakeries across Portugal… This is easy finger food, great for a party or picnic and delicious hot or cold. The richness of the taste will greatly depend on the quality of the chorizo.
1 portion of bread dough ball (see basic recipe)
1 chorizo (thinly sliced)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp water
1. Make bread dough as per recipe by hand or in bread machine and place on a floured surface.
2. To make a roll rip a small piece of dough, use it to wrap a couple of chorizo slices and make into a ball shape by rolling the palms of your hands.
3. Place formed rolls on a floured oven tray.
4. Mix the egg yolk with the water and use to brush the top of the rolls.
5. Bake in the oven (180c) for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.